Search

12/13/2020

RESTORING PEACE TO YOUR HOME

LIVE PERPETUAL ADORATION

Our Lady of Sorrows Church
Birmingham, Alabama, USA

Jeevan Jyoti Ashram
A Catholic Charismatic Retreat Center
Archdiocese of Delhi, India

St. Benedict's Church
Melbourne, Australia

~ * * * ~


When deprived of Sacramental Communion, "spiritual communion" is a prayer we can say to ask God for the graces of the Holy Eucharist as if present at Mass. Of course, we must be in a state of grace, have sorrow for our sins, and have faith in the real presence of Jesus in the Blessed Sacrament. The more prepared we are to make a spiritual communion, the more effective it will be.

My Jesus, I believe that You are present
in the Most Holy Sacrament.
I love You above all things,
and I desire to receive You into my soul.
Since I cannot at this moment receive You sacramentally,
come at least spiritually into my heart.
I embrace You as if You were already there
and unite myself wholly to You.
Never permit me to be separated from You.
Amen.
 
-- St. Alphonsus Ligouri
 
_______________