Search

1/23/2014

BREAKING STRONGHOLDS

IN THE MINDS OF MEN

Spiritual warfare takes place in our minds, and in the heavens above us. Fallen angels (demons) can put thoughts in our minds; they can project images on our minds; and, they can build strongholds in our minds -- strongholds of fear, anxiety, scrupulosity… pride, bitterness, unforgiveness… negative thinking, unbelief… self-hatred, despair and addiction…

Livermore, CA (1992) _ One morning after Mass, my prayer partner and I were approached by two women who asked us to accompany them to visit a dying man. As we entered the man’s darkened bedroom, I saw a man who already looked like a corpse. The man’s face was white, like chalk…

The two women chose a corner of the room and began to pray the Rosary. My prayer partner and I approached the bed. It did not take long to discover that this man was an atheist. We tried to “reason” with this man, but our efforts were fruitless. The man was a scientist; and, he would have nothing to do with the foolishness of Christianity.

Finally I told the man, “I can’t help you. I am not a magician.” Then I walked away from the bed. My prayer partner remained at the bedside, and the two women continued the Rosary -- but I was defeated.

Suddenly, I received an inspiration... I returned to the man’s bedside. I placed my right hand on his head and said: “In the Name of Jesus, I come against and BREAK every demonic stronghold in your mind!” (I did this three times.) Then I said: “I reclaim all the territory of your mind for Christ -- in the Name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit. Amen.”

Immediately, the walls came down -- the strongholds in his mind were broken. The man received the grace of conversion. His behavior changed radically… and color returned to his face. The man truly became a “new creation” in Christ.

Later the man told us, “I could feel the power of that prayer, during the war for my soul.” He was referring to the Rosary.

~ * * * ~

During another case, I was inspired to lay hands on a man’s head and say, “I apply the Power of the Cross of Jesus Christ to every demonic stronghold in your mind.” Again, the walls came down -- the strongholds in the man’s mind were broken.

The Walls of Jericho Fall Before the Ark
 
For, although we are in the flesh, we do not battle according to the flesh, for the weapons of our battle are not of flesh but are enormously powerful, capable of destroying fortresses (that is, “breaking strongholds”). We destroy arguments and every pretension raising itself against the knowledge of God, and take every thought captive in obedience to Christ.
(2 Corinthians 10:3-5)

_______________