Search

8/17/2015

NECESSITY OF BAPTISM

Trinitarian Baptism

Jesus answered (Nicodemus), "Amen, amen, I say to you, no one can enter the kingdom of God without being born of water and Spirit." (John 3:5)

"For every Christian, before his Baptism, was the slave of the Devil, seeing that he belonged to him." _ Saint Louis de Montfort

Fort Wayne, IN (April 2015)

Several months ago, I traveled to a Protestant home in Indiana where there was some mild poltergeist activity, and a 3-year-old boy being attacked in his sleep every night. While I was there, I witnessed this spiritual attack.

At one-o'clock in the morning, the boy suddenly woke up screaming. When I entered his bedroom he was standing in his crib, crying out for his mother. He did not react to my sudden appearance in his room. I sprayed the entire room with holy water. Suddenly, the boy collapsed in the crib and fell fast asleep.

The next morning I chose not to use the House Cleansing Prayer. I thought it might be "too Catholic" for this Protestant family. Instead, I sprayed holy water in every room, closet and hallway. This successfully cleared the home. Then I instructed the parents to do the same, should the need arise in the future.

The 3-year-old boy had not been baptized. The parents attend a Pentecostal church that does not believe in baptizing children. And when they do baptize they use the Unitarian formula, considered to be invalid by the Catholic Church.

[In the Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults (RCIA), the Pentecostal Churches are listed among the churches with an "invalid" baptism because they use the Unitarian baptismal formula ("I baptize you in the name of Jesus") rather than the Trinitarian baptismal formula ("I baptize you in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit").]

I explained that children also have need of baptism to be freed from the powers of darkness. I explained that their son has no protection -- that without baptism, he remains vulnerable to the demonic attacks.

~ * * * ~

In case of necessity, anyone, even a non-baptized person, with the required intention, can baptize, by using the Trinitarian baptismal formula. The intention required is to will to do what the Church does when she baptizes. The Church finds the reason for this possibility in the universal saving will of God and the necessity of Baptism for salvation. (Catechism of the Catholic Church #1256)

In case of necessity, any person can baptize provided that he have the intention of doing that which the Church does and provided that he pours water on the candidate's head while saying: "I baptize you in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit." (Catechism of the Catholic Church #1284)

~ * * * ~

The family and I traveled to the Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception in Fort Wayne for holy water. (Before contacting me, the boy's father had come here for help.) I was surprised to find such a large "baptismal font" in the cathedral.

Baptismal Font - Cathedral, Fort Wayne, IN

As we were filling the spray bottle with holy water from the baptismal font, I was faced with a dilemma: Could this 3-year-old boy being attacked in his sleep every night by a demon wait until he becomes a teenager to receive an invalid baptism?

I asked the mother if she would like me to baptize her son. She said, "Yes." So, I baptized the boy using the Trinitarian baptismal formula.

The boy is now a child of God, a new creation in Christ. And the baptism stopped the demonic attacks!

__________

UPDATE (11/18/2015)

I received a call from the Protestant family in Fort Wayne, IN. The 3-year-old boy is doing well. And, the father is now in the RCIA program.

Glory to God!

_______________